WEEK 0

Week 0

Task: Post three images about the following and write a paragraph under each of the images that tells us something interesting about them.



a: Your best piece of creative work before coming to this course, think laterally if you have not done "conventional" art or design work

(Major work)












I would say that my best piece of creative work so far is my year 12 Visual Arts major work. Although I love observing and creating highly detailed works, I also find that organic and natural forms incredibly beautiful. I love capturing the movement and form of my subjects, which can be difficult, especially when compressing a moment in time down to a single image.
This piece of work that I have presented, I am incredibly proud of, not only for the effort I have put in, but also for the fact that I have successfully conveyed what I wanted to show to my viewers.


b: An image of a great piece of architecture


Taipei 101

I think that one of my most memorable experiences as a child was visiting the Taipei 101. Apart from the fact that it was in one point in time, the tallest building and housed the world’s fastest elevator (which at the time, I found amazing), I think the most interesting thing about it was the giant steel ball, the damper, that hung near the top. When I first encountered it, I was incredibly confused on why such an object existed, but now that I have read about it and understood, I think that it is admirable on how such a simple object has such an important task in keeping the building stable.


c: An original photograph of something beautiful

Picture overlooking the rooftops.

This picture is one that I have taken as I rode the Shinkansen (bullet train) while in Japan. Since the train moves so swiftly, there really wasn’t that much time focus on anything outside, so everything seemed a little blurry. To be honest, I think I was more captivated by the photograph of the view rather than the actual experience of seeing it for myself- where I only discovered its beauty, later that day, as I reviewed the photos that I had spammed on my phone.












Task: Find an image showing a creative work from each of the companies/designers below (they will be your clients in experiment 1) and describe it using a noun, verb and adjective; see below for examples.


========================================================================= 
Revival Cycles

Henne/Revival BMW Landspeeder
Noun: Stallion
Verb: Command
Adjective: Opulent


=========================================================================

CJ Hendry

Noun: Pedestal
Verb: Elevate
Adjective: Glorious


=========================================================================

Gucci

Tie bar with bee in silver
Noun: Purpose
Verb: Direct
Adjective: Flawless


=========================================================================

Comments